NAMI National’s upcoming Virtual Town Hall, “Youth and Adolescent Mental Health” on Thursday, December 3, 2020, from 1:00-2:30 PM PST.
Please Register in advance for this meeting
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Zoom containing information about joining the meeting.
Our final Virtual Town Hall for 2020 aligns with NAMI’s strategic pillar of “Getting Help Early.” We strive to make our Virtual Town Halls focus on topics that can be actionable for NAMI leaders in their work. This presentation will provide a summary of data on child and adolescent mental health, including the latest facts and figures; we will get an update on NAMI’s youth and young adult initiatives from Jennifer Rothman. We will also hear from a young adult peer leader who will share why she volunteers her time with NAMI and what further opportunities she wishes NAMI had for young-adult peers. Finally, we’ll be joined by two State program directors who will share what they’re doing to support youth in their states.
- This Virtual Town Hall is an opportunity to take an immersive dive into the youth mental health crisis as well as to hear first-hand from one of our youth speakers.
- We will learn up-to-date research and statistics that NAMI Leaders can leverage right away in your work locally.
- We will also hear from some of our NAMI Leaders about how they are innovatively approaching youth mental health in their communities
- Jennifer Rothman is NAMI’s Senior Manager of Youth & Young Adult Initiatives
- Ashley Scott is a Lead Presenter for NAMI’s Ending the Silence Program in Chicago
- Jenny Gruenberg is the Youth Outreach Coordinator for NAMI Washington
- Valerie Lepoutre is the Manager of Peer Initiatives, Education & Training at NAMI Connecticut