Join us as we Shine 4 Mental Health this summer! Raise awareness about the importance of mental health, share your story of hope, and connect with new friends, all while helping us raise funds for NAMI Seattle’s essential community-led programs.
- Create a virtual fundraiser for NAMI Seattle – and share why mental health matters to you
- Compete for fundraising prizes
- Connect with other volunteers at our ice cream social & meet-up
Our Shine 4 Mental Health virtual peer-to-peer fundraising campaign. Don’t worry if you’ve never fundraised before – training and materials are provided! Check out our Fundraising Toolkit.
Questions? Contact Katie Knoll, Development Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Why We Shine 4 Mental Health
Summer can be a time of fun, friends, and connection. But summer blues are real and changes in weather, schedules, and friendships can impact our mood and result in increased isolation.
- 1 in 6 US youth experience a mental health condition each year and only half receive treatment.
- 20% of Washington State 10th graders in 2021 considered suicide and suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for Washington teens 15-19 years old. 2021 Washington State Healthy Youth Survey
When we Shine 4 Mental Health, we create connections, combat isolation, and support mental health all year round.
Resources for Young Folks:
Why do you Shine 4 Mental Health?
Share why you Shine 4 Mental Health. Fill out I Shine 4 Mental Health because… and share a picture on your page, on social media, or with us at email@example.com. Tag @namiseattle on social media and use #Shine4MH.